This memo serves to inform students who are completing their studies with the Zambian Open University this semester and are due to graduate next September that they should take note of the eligibility requirements and other details as listed below:
- Date of Graduation Ceremony: Friday, 1st September, 2017.
- Venue: Olympic Youth Development Centre (OYDC), Great North Road, next to Heroes Stadium.
- Graduation Registration: All graduands, even those intending to graduate in absentia, must register for graduation by 17.00 hours on Monday, 31st July, 2017. The registration exercise will be carried out in Regional Centres and Lusaka West Campus on a Form which will be provided. The exercise can also be done on-line by clicking on this link. REGISTER ONLINE
- Names to appear on Degree Certificates: All graduands must ensure that they write their names in the order that they want them to appear on the degree certificates.
- Participation Fee: All graduands, even those intending to graduate in absentia, must pay a Participation Fee of K300.00 (Three Hundred Kwacha only) upon registration (as indicated in 3 above) by 17.00 hours on Monday, 31st July, 2017. The fee must be paid in the University ZANACO Bill Muster Bank Account. A Zambian Open University Receipt for the fee must be obtained.
- Outstanding Fee Balances: Graduands with outstanding balances on fees with the University must clear them at Lusaka West Campus on or before 30th April, 2017, failure to which they will not be allowed to graduate.
- Academic Records: Graduands must ensure that all courses taken in their programmes of study have been graded and passed, and there are no missing courses or grades.
- Project Research Works: Graduands must ensure that Project/Research works are submitted for marking not later than 28thApril, 2017.
- Academic Dress/Gowns: Academic gowns will be sold at Lusaka West Campus, Lusaka West, starting on 3rd July, 2017 at the following rates:
- Bachelors – K 700.00
- Masters: – K1,500.00
- Doctoral: – K1,650.00
The gowns will be sold by the Supplier at Lusaka West Campus. Please note carefully that money for gowns should not be deposited in the University bank account. Pay directly to the Supplier. No graduand will be allowed to graduate if he/she will not wear the prescribed gown.
- Rehearsals: Rehearsals for all graduands will take place on Thursday, 31st August, 2017 at OYDC from 14.00 to 15.30hrs.
- Invitation Cards: Graduands will be given two Invitation Cards for two Guests only.
- Reporting Time: Graduands must be at the OYDC by 07.30 hours without fail on the graduation day.
For more information, contact the Assistant Registrar (Academic Affairs): 0976123055/095596867/0969672965