The School of Education offers seven Bachelor’s degree programmes and two diploma programmes. The degree programmes are:
- BACHELOR OF EDUCATION IN ADULT EDUCATION
- BACHELOR OF EDUCATION IN GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING
- BACHELOR OF EDUCATION IN PRIMARY EDUCATION
- BACHELOR OF EDUCATION IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION (ECE)
- BACHELOR OF EDUCATION IN SECONDARY EDUCATION
- BACHELOR OF EDUCATION IN SPECIAL EDUCATION
- BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS
The following are the diploma programmes:
The Bachelor’s degree programmes last a minimum of four years and a maximum of eight years while the diploma programme has a duration of three years minimum and six years maximum.
According to the University policy, the minimum qualification to be held by lecturers at this institution is a Master’s degree. In 2016, the School of Education had thirty-five academic members of staff who taught in their areas of specialisation. Twenty-four (24) of these held Master’s degrees and eleven (11) had doctorates. By rank, there were four Professors, two Senior lecturers and twenty-nine (29) lecturers. Among those holding Master’s degrees, eight were enrolled in various postgraduate studies leading to PhD.