Job purpose: The Deputy Vice Chancellor assists the Vice Chancellor in planning, implementing, monitoring and controlling institutional activities.
- Directing and monitoring the implementation of the University Strategic Plan;
- Coordinating academic, consultancy and research activities of the University;
- Assisting the Vice Chancellor in promoting collaboration with all stakeholders, especially alumni, local communities, cooperating partners and the private sector for financial and other support and ensuring existence and sustained relationships between the institution and the communities concerned;
- Leading in periodic reviews of academic programmes and other organizational structures;
- Supervising Deans of Schools and Directors of Institutes, Directorates of Quality Assurance and Extension Services and of Information and Communications Technology;
- Coordinating staff development programmes;
- Performing the duties of the office of the Vice Chancellor in his/her absence; and
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor from time to time.
- An earned doctorate or equivalent professional degree;
- Demonstrated analytical, administrative and finance management skills;
- A strong record of academic leadership and a good record of personal achievement in both teaching and research;
- Experience in resource mobilization;
- Five (5) years’ experience at senior management level in a university setting or similar institution;
- Possess high levels of personal and professional integrity and vision;
- Possess good interpersonal skills, including the ability to inspire, motivate colleagues and enjoy being part of a strong management team;
- Possess high level oral and written communication skills;
- Be reliable, self-confident and humble;
- Be self-motivated and a team player; and
- Be open, flexible, receptive to change and able to manage change.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send letters of application, detailed, up-dated CVs, contact details of three (3) referees, and certified copies of certificates to:
Zambian Open University
Unity Road, off Mumbwa Road
P.O Box 31925
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY 20TH MAY, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Amb. Dr. Francis Musonda