Four (4) positions: Southern, Northern, Eastern, and North-Western Provinces)
Job Purpose: To provide strategic direction, leadership and excellence in the development and management of University programmes and activities at regional level.
- Promoting the University Vision, Mission, core values and strategic objectives in all aspects of regional activities;
- Contributing to the development and successful implementation of the University policies, Strategic Plan, Annual Work Plans and Annual Budgets;
- Marketing/promoting the University programmes and services;
- Facilitating recruitment, admission and registration of students;
- Managing the development and delivery of extension programmes (short courses/workshops/seminars and conferences);
- Providing responsive learner support services;
- Managing the Centre’s human, financial and material resources;
- Securing and managing physical facilities required for university activities;
- Managing examinations;
- Liaising with relevant/collaborating/partner institutions and organisations in the region;
- Establishing and supervising district study centres, where appropriate;
- Producing periodic reports on all the activities at the regional centre;
- Teaching in one’s area of specialization; and
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned by the University Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12/School Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Adult Education or any related field in Education or Social Science.
- Master’s degree in Adult Education or any related field in Education or Social Science.
At least five years relevant professional experience preferably in an educational institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send letters of application, detailed, up-dated CVs, contact details of three (3) referees, and certified copies of certificates to:
Zambian Open University
Unity Road, off Mumbwa Road
P.O Box 31925
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY 20TH MAY, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Amb. Dr. Francis Musonda