To be responsible for the administration and maintenance of core systems and ensure a secure and reliable IT environment. The job holder will also be responsible for the administration of servers, database systems and other components of the IT infrastructure. The systems administrator will ensure that the uptime, performance, resource availability, and security of the systems are properly managed to meet the needs of the Institution.
• Administration and maintenance of core systems used in the University
• Maintenance of supporting database systems
• Ensure a secure environment for all users
• Network Support
• Provide IT user training
• Ensure compliance with IT policies and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• BSc Degree or Professional qualification in Computer Science or Information Technology
• Five (5) years of working experience in an active IT environment
• Working experience in an in stitution of higher learning
• Working experience with Moodle, Edurole or other student management information system
• Proven experience with Windows and Linux environment.
• Experience working with MySQL and MS SQL databases will be an added advantage
• Member of ICTAZ
If you meet the above qualifications please email your application letter, CV, copies of certificates and contact details of three referees to: email@example.com. The closing date is Friday 20th May 2022